Monday, July 29, 2013

Launch day. 24th July 2013

Today the project is being launched with a reception at Australia House hosted by the Government of South Australia.  It is a big event and my first port of call is Euston Station for some publicity shots.



I only have two suits and the other is a made of flourescent green corduroy.




Thanks to photographer Andre Camara for good shots under pressure.  Just behind me is a fifty foot sheer drop onto the concourse and in front of me Andre was manoeuvring himself in and around an increasingly disgruntled luncheon party to get the right angle.




The maquette unveiling ceremony was held in the magnificent Downer Room at Australia House, Strand, London.  The project is being funded by sales of maquettes.  There are 75 available.



I explain my ideas to the guests. 
 With me are Australian High Commissioner, The Hon Mike Rann and Agent General Bill Muirhead




Sir Michael Marshall (left) and Sir Stuart Rose discuss the maquette





The wonderful evening was marked by brisk maquette sales and rounded off with a group photograph of the Flinders statue committee.
From left to right: Barry Kitchener, standard -bearer Gil Richards, Peter Ashley, Allesandra Pretto, John Allen, Matt Johnson, Pauline Lyle-Smith, John Flinders and Mark Richards.






No comments:

Post a Comment